About this Course
Rick has been hard at work designing online coursework for our coaches! The first of these is Read & React Workouts 101. This course will give Read & React coaches the opportunity to learn directly from Rick as he takes them through 12 Read & React Specific workouts in 6 weeks.
Coaches will receive:
12 New Teaching Videos
A complete Workout Curriculum for offseason Player Development
A PDF of each Workout Plan
Previously recorded Live Chats providing an additonal 15+ hours of insight
Optional Online Testing to check your comprehension
We call each training session a “workout” but they’re much more than that. Rick’s goal in each session is to accomplish about six things at one time with your players:
1. Teach the Read & React – both the big picture AND the details.
2. Teach all of the drills that I will be using during the season and why we do them.
3. Expose your players to the skill sets that they need for the Read & React.
4. If those skill sets are not up to par, then we need to teach those skills. My philosophy is: If we’re on the floor, we need a Player Development component to whatever it is we’re doing.
5. Situational training – what I mean by this is: During these sessions, I’m going to show the players the situations where they APPLY those fundamental skills of player development.
6. Conditioning – lots of reps – confidence comes from high amounts of successful reps.
There’s no way around it! In each workout, Rick explains the big picture – and – how each new drill links to that big picture. Also, he explains how the new drills link to the previous workout! We’ll then show you enough of each drill for you to get the setup, the rotation, the teaching points, and any player development skills that are relevant.
|2||Workout 1 – Layers 1, 4 & 7 (Part 1)0:16:40|
|4||Workout 2 – Layers 1, 4 & 7 (Part 2)0:19:41|
|6||Workout 3 – Layers 1, 4, 7 + 20:26:35|
|8||Workout 4 – Layers 1-40:22:58|
|10||Workout 5 – Layers 1-4 & 70:25:25|
|12||Workout 6A – Layer 4 Emphasis0:20:23|
|13||Workout 6B – Layer 7 & Shuffle the Deck0:19:48|
|15||Workout 7A – Decision Making Training0:15:25|
|16||Workout 7B – Layers 1-50:14:16|
|18||Workout 8 – Solidify Layers 1-5 & 70:09:16|
|20||Workout 9 – Review 1-5, 7 & Add Layer 60:20:12|
|22||Workout 10 – Layer 1, 4 & 7 Diagnostics0:08:44|
|23||10B – Game Footage – Layers 1-30:15:07|
|24||10C – Game Footage – Layers 4-70:11:18|
|26||Workout 11A – 1-5 & 7 Diagnosticsv0:12:39|
|27||Workout 11B – Building the Baseline Drive0:13:38|
|29||12A – Condensing Layers with Bundle Drills0:14:59|
|30||12B – Teaching the Baseline Drive0:15:03|
|31||12C – Shuffle the Deck Diagnostics0:12:53|
|33||Week 1 LIve Chat|
|34||Week 2 Live Chat|
|35||Week 3 Live Chat|
|36||Week 4 Live Chat|
|37||Week 5 Live Chat|
|38||Week 6 Live Chat|
Better Basketball Instructional Basketball & Training Videos Follow
Rick Torbett is the founder of BetterBasketball.com offering Basketball Instructional and Training Videos offering detailed teaching for coaches and players. Torbett is also the creator of the Read and React Offense, one of the most popular and successful basketball coaching series on the market. Find all his courses streaming on-demand, only at CoachTube.com.